We have been appointed as principal contractor on the Princess Buildings which are Grade II listed located within the central Conservation Area of Newcastle Upon Tyne within the Quayside area of the City, to the south of All Saints Church (Grade I listed) and to the north of the River Tyne.
Princess Buildings compromises of a single large block located between Queen Street and Akenside Hill. The ground floor level of the property is occupied by a number of commercial uses including retail, café and restaurant units. The first floor is currently vacant office accommodation and the upper floor are occupied by privately owned properties managed by Home Group (Intermediate leaseholder) and Newcastle City Council are the freeholders of Princess Buildings.
Our works will include:-
- External repairs to building fabric and facades, including roof areas/chimneys and features where applicable
- Localised repairs and redecoration of windows and doors
- Miscellaneous repairs to external joinery items including decoration
- Redecoration to all external joinery items
- Localised masonry repairs including patch repointing work to elevations where applicable
- General patch repairs to masonry stone works/decorative stonework/concrete detailing
- Provision of anti-bird devices/netting
- Miscellaneous repairs to external hardstanding areas and access steps/handrails
- Renewal/repair/redecoration of rainwater goods
- Repair items and necessary works resulting from previously commissioned fire risk assessment